Monday, February 2, 2009

It's a bust

Sigh.

Never, never, never in my wildest imagination would I have thought that I wouldn't ovulate this month. I have never never never not ovulated on clomid. So, imagine my shock last week when I went to the clinic for my ultrasound and there were no growing follicles. Disbelief. I felt like my body had utterly failed me. Again.

And I went through all of the stages of grief in the last week just over a lack of ovulation. I was not at all mentally prepared for that. I think I need to buck up a little. I mean, we could be pregnant in the next couple of months. But this also could be a very long road ahead. I'm not being pessimistic. Really.

Only the grace of God is getting me through this. I know that He is faithful regardless. Regardless of my malfunctioning body. Argh!

So, my RE started me on daily low-dose dexamethasone. And I'll go up on the clomid next cycle. And if that doesn't work, then we are on to injectibles. All I can do is try to maintain some level of sanity. And this week is so much better than last week. I'm back exercising, eating right, having alone time, having God time. And all I can do is take this day by day.

On another note, I can not help but comment on the craziness that is the octuplets that were born recently. I'm sure that it has been mentioned in one way or another on every infertility blog. The most recent news states that she is a single college educated female who has obtained sperm through donation, and yes, these two pregnancies resulting in 14 children were from IVF and not IUI. I have so many layers of thoughts on this, that I can't even comment well at this point. All I can say is, how irresponsible is that RE? And who in their right mind would put in 8????? And who is this woman and how mentally unstable can she be? Maybe I'll write more later.

No comments: