Monday, June 29, 2009

Followup visit

I just got home from my post-op visit. It went well. My incisions are healing well (knew that), I can return to normal activity (does that mean I have to go to the gym?), and he was pleased with the surgery. I have the pictures, but I'm not going to post them. However, I am going to post them on my refrigerator to keep me from eating!--little globules of fat tissue might keep me from eating for awhile!! =)

Anyway, the fibroids were actually good sized---all close to the size of tennis balls. He showed me the endometriosis and the cyst that he removed as well. My RE thinks that we have a pretty good chance with IUI and injectibles--even higher than what he would usually quote, because I have such a glowingly clean reproductive tract now. Woohoo!

I will go in for shot training the beginning of next week and then on to the next phase of this adventure. You know what? I'm excited.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're excited for the next phase :).

And ohmygosh, I'm not squeamish, but I would definitely lose my appetite with my pics on the fridge. Oh wait...that was the point right?

LOL:)

Clare said...

Glad to hear it! I hope it all works out for you!

Lisa said...

Thats wonderful news! SO glad that you get to start treaments soon!