Tuesday, June 16, 2009

T minus 3 days

Ok, so I'm starting to get a little anxious about Friday. I'm measuring my level of anxiety by the number of M&M's I have eaten...see, unfortunately, we have the world's largest bag of M&M's in the pantry, because I bought the aforementioned world's biggest bag at the wholesale club to make the world's largest batch of monster cookies. But I have many many M&M's left. And I think I ate at least 10 servings tonight. Has anyone ever mixed popcorn and M&M's together? Very very good. But I digress....

I called the RE's office today because I hadn't heard a definitive time from the surgery center. Nine AM. His first surgery. THANK GOODNESS. I was really crossing my fingers that I would be in the morning, so I wouldn't have to wait and wait and wait. Bring on the anxiolytics!!!!!!

I'm so ready to put this behind us. Move on and get closer to that baby. That's my motto.

7 comments:

Lucky Jones said...

Yep, get through it and move on, that's what I say too... and the only way I like popcorn is with m&m's - the mix of sweet and salty is yummmmmmy ;)

GL, you will be ok, I promise!!!

Clare said...

Good luck! Hope the surgery goes well!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with surgery! I know you'll do great :). Have your hubby bring you lots of smoothies afterward, since you won't be able to eat solid food for a little while. Plus, they're yummy and help with the nausea.

Shinejil said...

I was really nervous before my lap, too, so I completely relate. You may also want to take some stool softeners or eat lots of dried fruit beforehand (straining after a lap=no fun at all). I also had a pillow to put between my tummy and the seat belt for the ride home, which made things a lot comfier.

Courtney said...

Good luck with the lap! I'll be sending mega good vibes your way. Update when you can? <3

Courtney said...

Hey! What gives?! I'm the deleted comment (maybeanotherbaby/modifiedmomma) but can't seem to log in. Hmph. :p <3

Finn's Mom said...

GL with your lap! I never had time to get nervous about mine ~ I found out my RE suspected I had endo (from 2 giant cysts on my initial u/s) and was booked and in the OR within a week and a half. It was really early on in my TTC life, so I basically had no idea what was happening. Oh, the young, foolish me of 2 years ago, sniff... ;)

I would up having extensive Stage IV endo (asymptomatic) and still the recovery wasn't too bad. I felt like a shmoo for a few days, having to move my inflated tummy independently from the rest of my body, but every day it got better. Within 5 days I was back to normal. But definitely plan on taking it easy for a few days afterwards.

And popcorn and M&Ms? The best! I always smuggle in a pack of plain M&Ms when we go to the movies so that we can sprinkle them in the yummy, artifical butter movie popcorn!

Sending you speedy recovery vibes!