Monday, March 9, 2009

Whine alert

At my work there are three women pregnant. And a fourth who just had a baby. I've tried to convince myself that I'm ok with this--and part of me is, I'm happy for them, really!--but at the same time, it's just becoming harder and harder every day. Harder to sit and smile and laugh during multiple baby showers. Harder to see women rubbing their bellies. Harder to listen to nursery designs and decorations. You get the picture.

I. Just. Want. It. To. Be. Me.

Enough. Pity party over for the moment.

On another note, one of the women was complaining because she had a transvaginal ultrasound. She looked at me, and said, "I can't tell you how lucky you are because you haven't had to experience this."

Oh yes, sister. I have. 4 times in the last month actually. And I would submit myself to the dildo cam everyday if it meant that a baby would result.

3 comments:

Deleted. said...

Amen to this, seriously.

My favorite line ever, actually is this: "Well, thank GOD you had a miscarriage. The baby was probably deformed or something. And besides pregnancy is sooooo taxing." From a now former friend who, at the time, was seven months pregnant.

*headdesk*

You're a much better sport than I am. 99.9% of the time I want to bang my head off a wall when I hear of a new pregnancy. Maybe even a little more than that.

*hugs*

<3

Anonymous said...

I couldn't handle work baby showers. A coworker of mine got pregnant last year, and I took the news pretty horribly. I think I cried/was angry for days. Then she had a miscarriage at 4 months and I felt so horribly guilty about my earlier feelings.

Anonymous said...

seriously? what's so bad about the US? maybe i've just had too many. i have never found them uncomfortable, though. just kind of weird. i guess, though, that i have had so many that i probably should have bought my own machine and set it up in my living room :)